Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Gradations

I enjoyed working with WonderFil InvisaFil 100 weight polyester thread, so I decided to try it in a new way.  I used light thread on the dark colors and dark thread on the light colors making a inverse gradation.


It's interesting to see the effect of the inverse gradation.  I like the dark thread on the lighter pieces, but I'm not so sure about the light thread on the darker pieces.  I'm not sure I would do that again.  I only had a few pinks to choose from (see below), so perhaps with a larger gradation it would work better.  I also think the light pink thread looks almost white.  Perhaps starting with a more medium tone would be better.

Here are my InvisaFil choices:


I made sure to leave an equal space between the dark pink petals and the center this time.  It looks so much better when the space is even.

Now that I've used really thin thread, I think it's time to try really thick thread....

Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment