Monday, November 30, 2015

A Fortune and Bench Inspiration

We had Chinese food for dinner the other night and here are my fortunes:


Both are great!  I like the first one better.  When I started this blog this summer I had no idea I would enjoy it as much as I do.  It's been a great place for me to play creatively without having the pressure of show quilts that I usually put upon myself.  I've learned a lot about blanket stitching and various threads and adjusting stitch size.

I went to the vet the other day to get our bird some more food and there was a new bench outside.  The back looked like this:


This could make an interesting applique pattern or an interesting quilting pattern, perhaps for sashing (although it would need to be modified so it was a continuous line design).  It could also be interesting in a modern quilt!

Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment