Saturday, April 16, 2016

Flower in a Pot #6 - Part Two

I love tulips.  They should start blooming soon here in Minnesota.  I really like the leaf fabrics I chose for this block.  They complement each other, but I love the swirls in the bottom batik.

Here is layer one complete:



If you look at the different colors of blanket-stitching above you can see that the orange and yellow are very small in size and the two greens are stitched in a much larger size.

Here is layer two done.  All I got to add for layer two was a stem.



And here is the final block!  It makes me feel ready for spring.  I really like the batik print for this pot.  It's so colorful.



Check back on Wednesday to see how I quilted it and don't forget to join my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook Group!  I can't wait to see what you're up to.

Here's Margaret's Block number five that was shared on the Facebook Group.  I love her color choices!


Suzy

2 comments:

  1. I love how these look in batiks. If I ever get a chance to try these do you think they would look good in regular quilting cotton? Also, do you trim the stabilizer when you're ready to quilt these pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would look amazing in regular cotton. My mother is planning to do them in a combination of both. Once I am finished with a block I do rip the stabilizer away before I layer the quilt.

      Delete