Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Black and White Flower #3

This flower has the most pieces of any in this series.  I both loved it and despised it for this reason!  It has gradated petals using two pinks and a black and white print.  Here are the steps I went through.

I figured out quickly that I could layer all three of the pieces and stitch them without worry because they didn't overlap.





Next, I added the purple to the edges.





Then on to the next set of gradations.  I just love this black and white print used in this block.  It has so much movement!





The purple edging has been added again.



And here's the back.



The final set of gradations is on.  I love how the colors flow around the block.





And the final two pieces are added!  This block was inspired by some Hungarian Folk Art flowers in a piece of Hungarian embroidery I bought in Budapest last summer.  Putting on the white piece was a bit of a challenge because of all the layers of fusible I had to sew through.  I was using a rayon thread instead of my preferred poly and I could tell the difference.  The poly is much stronger.




I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love that black and white print, it really does add a great movement to the flower. It almost looks 3D against that bright blue-green background.

    ReplyDelete