Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Trunk Show of Quilts

Soma over at Whimsandfancies.com is hosting an online linky party of blogger's finished quilts in an online trunk show!  How fun!  I had to join in.

Here are a few of my favorites.

This quilt is called Pop Art Flower and was originally started as part of a challenge for the MQS show one year.  I didn't finish it in time and it's been to a few shows, but never placed.  It hangs proudly in my hallway and always makes me smile.  It's so cheerful.


Regalia was started on a Ricky Tim's Retreat over 10 years ago.  It was a huge learning experience for me.  Curved piecing is not my favorite cup of tea, but I persevered and finished the quilt.  It was worth all the effort!


Circle of Thanks is a miniature whole cloth.  It's only 12 inches square.  I enjoyed using red thread on this project that was inspired by a greeting card from a friend.


Butteryfly was one of the first quilts I made for my blog.  I explored using Karlie Porter's graffiti quilting.  It was a lot of fun.  I learned that doing larger scale graffiti quilting is easier than tiny!


Hexie Fish was made for the Seaside Summer Blog Hop for Island Batiks.  The fabrics were absolutely gorgeous and I really enjoyed making it!  


All Fired Up was made fore the Island Batik Mini Madness challenge.  It was the first quilt where I put my fusible through an ink jet printer to print the patterns which made it so much easier.


Hungarian Heritage is from the cover of my new book that came out in August called Folk Art Quilted Traditions.  I'd always wanted to make a quilt with a red background.


And last, but not least, my show quilt, Harmony's Loop will always be one of my favorites.


I hope you've enjoyed my trunk show!  Check out more using the link below!

Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

11 comments:

  1. Oh Suzy you never fail to delight! I love love love your pop art flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful collection. All of your quilts make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts display your great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you circle of thanks is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what beautiful work you do! So intricate and colorful...I love these! Thank you for sharing your talent in the trunk show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful, but love the mini wholecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The graffiti quilting is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete