Friday, November 25, 2016

Free Motion Friday - Funky Feathers

I was thinking about Thanksgiving and the feathers my son came home with on his turkey project when I was working on this week's design.  Yes, I procrastinated again.   I am going to fix that problem and sew a BUNCH tomorrow!  YAY!  And the best part....I'm going to do it in my pajamas.  No Black Friday shopping for me....it's sewing day!


Without further ado, here's this week's design.  I'm calling it Funky Feathers.  The written directions can be found here.

Start by stitching in the ditch around your block.  Then make a leaf/feather shape about 1-1 1/2 inches wide by 2-3 inches long.


Stitch a line down the middle of the feather.


Backtrack about 1/4" and then stitch back to the center line.  The line I created is about an inch long.


Stitch a triangle to one side of the feather.


Stitch a triangle to the other side of the feather.  Now you have to backtrack over your choice of line and travel to where you want to start your next feather.


Here are a few sewn.


And the final product!  It's not my favorite design I'll admit.  But it is funky.  Perhaps on a modern quilt?  Or a bunch in a line in a sashing?


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes!!!! I'm "pumped"......definitely a quilting day (in "flannels"!!!! LOL!!!) That leaf motif is really great! When I first glanced at it I thought...that's not one I would use(!) but, then, I began to think about a couple of projects coming up and this would be the perfect thing......contemporary but with the gentle leaf curves. Have an awesome quilty day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete