Saturday, December 24, 2016

Black and White Flower #18 - the last one!

I can hardly believe this is my last Black and White Flower to share!  I had some trouble with this one.

Here are the fabrics I picked out at first.  I decided the orange background with the tear drops really didn't work.  It doesn't have enough contrast with the darkest orange.



So I tried this light yellow instead.  I had fun fussy cutting it.


Once I put the flower on the teal background I realized that the white was a bit transparent.  So I added an extra layer of white fabric and fusible.  You can see how I did it below.  I cut a piece about 1/16 inch smaller than the original.


Hereis the first layer all stitched up.


And the back.


Layer Two.


And the back.


The final block.


And the back.


Now to put the quilt together!

I hope you get to quilt today and for those of you who celebrate the holiday, Merry Christmas Eve!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment