Friday, February 10, 2017

Free Motion Friday - Flaming Circles

It's Friday again!  Yay!  It's been a long week.  Today I'm excited to share a new design I call Flaming Circles.


Start by making a large circle 1-2 inches in diameter.  Then stitch a small circle about 1/3 the size of the original circle inside.


Starting at the bottom of the little circle stitch a flame shape.  Once back to where you started either start a new big circle right where you are or travel along the outside edge until you get to where you want to start your next big circle.


This is the start of my design.  You can see I had a little trouble when I got to the corner.  There wasn't as much space, so I made some of the circles smaller and used two tiny circles to fill the extra space.  I could've done partial circles that went off the edge, but I decided not to.


And here's the final design.


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment