Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Clam Flower #6 - Part 1

I had a blast speaking at the Lakeshore Quilters in Shoreview, MN last night!  What a fun group.  Here's the start of Clam Flower #6.  The orange pieces have a star shape in them.


If you look closely at the flowers below you an see that the purple teardrops have a much smaller stitch size than the orange flowers underneath.  Small pieces make for small stitching.  Unless the fabric is very plain and then I might use a larger stitch size.


Layer two.  Isn't the purple tulip shape fabric fun?  I wanted the purpleness of it to stand out so I outlined it in purple thread instead or orange.


And the back.


For those of you who would like to follow my blog via Facebook be sure to join my Machine Applique Adventures Facebook group.  I post links to my blog and other fun quilt related things.  And people share their applique projects.

I hope you get to quilt today!  
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment