Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Yellow Rayon Shirt with Island Batik Rayon

First things first.  I am not a sewer.  I am a quilter.  However, when Island Batik generously sends you 2.5 yards of rayon I knew I wanted to make something with it.  So I called my cousin Lisa and asked her what the easiest pattern to make with rayon would be.  I was so thrilled that she sent me pictures and I chose Simplicity Pattern 1107.   The rayon was different than cotton, but I found that if I set it carefully it worked quite nicely.  Instead of making a hem I used a bias edging.  I love this top!  It could be a little longer so I could wear it with leggings, but it's a lot of fun.  People tell me it looks like sunshine when I wear it to work! 


And with a belt...


This is the gorgeous fabric from Island Batik.


I hope you get to quilt today!
Suzy

1 comment: