Friday, December 1, 2017

The 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

And here we go.......



Click HERE to see all the amazing bloggers participating!

So it's the Christmas season, life is crazy busy, and I decide to up my blogging from 4 to 7 days a week?  Am I crazy?  Possibly....but I do have a lot of things I'm working on right now to share, so I'm going to go for it!

I post four days regularly.  Monday's are inspiration.  Wednesdays and Saturdays are projects, and Fridays have to be Free Motion Fridays!

My name is Suzy Webster.  I've been a quilter for 30 years since I learned at my mother's feet.  She has always been such an inspiration to me.  My favorite techniques are paper piecing, applique, and free motion quilting.  I often free motion quilt things to death....it's my favorite part!

I am an Ambassador for Island Batiks!  Their batiks are so fabulous and beautiful.  I enjoy creating projects for them once a month.  Here's a few recent quilts




I might also be on the way to becoming addicted to my mother's (and now mine...she said I could share) GO Cutter from Accuquilt....I'be been playing with it a lot for the Quiltville Mystery Bonnie Hunter has going on right now.  


I've also decided to do Helen Godden's Advent Calendar Quilt Along.  Oh and two more online classes in the new year.  And I just finished the I Wish You a Merry Quilt Along.  Yup, just a few things in the fire.  Did I mention I also teach third grade for a living?  And have two boys in grades 1 and 4?  AND a fabulous husband?  Yes, life is busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am also a show quilter and am trying to finish up a show quilt and get most of the way through another by the end of the year.  That might be a little too much to accomplish, but I have until Feb. 1 for the deadline.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Here's a few of my show pieces.




I have published an applique book, Folk Art Quilted Traditions through the American Quilter's Society and self-published a book of 40 Free Motion Filler Patterns.  See links on the side of the blog if you're interested in a copy and I'll be happy to send you an invoice.

My New Book!

I hope you get to quilt today!  
Thank you Karen for letting me come play on your Bernina Q20 tonight!
Suzy

1 comment: